I think that the most important thing to have when making DIY projects is contact paper. For those of you who don’t know what this is, contact paper is somewhat similar to a huge, long roll of tape. Today, I’m going to share with you one of my favorite ways to use it.
- contact paper
- spray paint color of choice
- printed picture of a silhouette of an animal (I found that dogs and deer worked well)
- optional: gloves
How to create:
1. Take your animal of choice and cut it out.
2. Put the animal on the contact paper (don’t peel it off yet) and trace it.
Now, cut out the traced animal on the contact paper.
3. Stick it on the canvas and smooth it out so there are no bumps or mishaps.
4. For the next part, I made the mistake of doing it inside and now my whole house stinks, so be sure to take it somewhere open and airy. Standing about three feet away, spray the entire canvas evenly.
5. Wait 20-30 minutes before putting on your gloves and carefully peeling off the contact paper. Voila! You have your animal silhouette.
Here’s one more example of the finished product.
Until next time,